Monday, April 1, 2024

The Beach

My wife and I went to the beach to walk the dog today. It was a really beautiful day for it with completely clear skies. Friends headed south to San Diego  on the train who had been visiting but a boulder had blocked the tracks in Carpenteria so they had to take an Amtrak Bus from Santa Barbara Amtrak station to Oxnard Amtrak station in order to catch another train on the other side of the Blockage of the boulder on the tracks. 

On the beach I took our dog off leash or better said, "She threw her leash AND halter" because she was afraid of how high the tide was at this beach next to the cliffs. At first I thought I would try to releash her or put the harness back on and then thought better of it because I saw she just wasn't having it. Also, I realized that the water was coming up to a 5 foot pile of rocks with the sand covered completely with ocean waves every 3rd wave or so. it wasn't completely practical for me to walk down the beach with or without the dog either (especially because I will be 76 years old soon.

So, Wisdom is the better part of Valor I found. My wife caught her before she wandered off too far and we visited with someone who has been a worldwide traveler and a sculptor all over the world. He told us stories of his trips around the world doing large sculptures. He had a big 130 pound Mastiff brown dog too who was a really mellow dude that our corgi liked too. So, even though she threw her lease it was a great day at the beach anyway.

No comments: