The last three years for my son regarding Myathenia Gravis have been difficult for him. One of the ways he has found to psychologically survive all this is Artificial intelligence. For example, he has a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a California CSU so he knows how to ask questions to be helpful with medical results.
However, the problem as I see it is that these AIs are mostly like children trained to please adults in that they usually are pretty polite when they aren't asking intrusive questions they shouldn't be asking people.
So, the problem with asking an AI about Medical questions when you give them Symptoms is that they are trying to please you and "Stay your Friend" more than anything else.
So, I would greatly question what AI says to me or at least be sure how a frame a question so I could get an answer that I would tend to trust more.
What I found out in college is the better questions you can ask the better you can survive both College and life after College.
IN fact, the quality of the questions you ask yourselves often decides whether your life is successful or not in the end.
However, to me, successful mostly means that you are happy enough to chose to keep alive which might be different than how you view success.
When I got to be around 21 years old I asked the question "Do I want to be alive with what is going on in my life now?" and my answer was NO.
However, then I realized I had to stay alive because if I was gone it would ruin my parents and relatives and friends lives. So, I soldiered on for them until I got married and my son was born so I had more reasons to stay alive and I have ever since.
So, from my point of view being happy enough in your life to actually choose to stay alive is a really big deal for us all.
So, in the end it isn't about pleasing your parents or your friends it is about pleasing yourself enough so that you actually are happy enough to choose to stay alive every day.
By God's Grace
No comments:
Post a Comment