I was first told this around 1983 by one of my spiritual teachers and I think it bears repeating in another context which is:
"If someone gives you what to need to consciously choose to stay alive for another day feed this person.
Or if that person is an Ant, or deer or Buck or Dog or Cat then feed them.
Everyone is different.
Especially after seeing what people believed in the 1960s and 1970s I came to the point where I now believe "If someone believes the moon is made of green cheese help this person by not putting down their belief system simply because it might kill them.
We all go through fairly tragic and difficult times in life where our belief systems (whatever they are God, Atheistic, Buddha, Angels or a combination are tested, some times severely tested within an inch of us even staying alive another moment or day.
So, I find supporting people in whatever they believe (even if it is atheistic or something very different than I believe might be helpful to their survival.
After all, you don't want something you say to someone to cause their death now do you?
Anyway this is my personal point of view but then I'm from California where i have heard some really doozy belief systems
ESPECIALLY IN COLLEGE!
So, I find protecting and helping people stay alive might be the most important thing any of us do along the way.
By God's Grace
No comments:
Post a Comment