Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Armour Thyroid Medicine

Armour Thyroid medicine is for people whose thyroid glands on both sides of a human throat don't produce enough thyroid to keep their hormones in balance. This particular medicine is taken from pigs when they are slaughtered. I'm saying this because many people with thyroid problems might also have a problem with pigs being slaughtered and instead use what is called synthroid, an artificially produced syththetic version of a thyroid medicine. I personally prefer what is natural because synthetic versions of almost any medicine if it is inorganic tend to have moderate to serious side effects. So, likely synthroid is no exception to this most basic of rules.

However, medicine makers cannot patent organic compounds naturally occuring in nature so they synthesize these compounds for sale to you. So, you the public get sick and die many times from the side effects of these many many synthetic medicines and synthetic compounds.

So, even though I have serious problems with this thyroid being taken from pigs as they are slaughtered I have even more problems with taking a synthetic medicine the consequences of long term I have no real idea. Whereas taking pig thyroid since it is almost identical to human thyroid makes me feel as wonderful now at 60 as I did at 30, just with a lot more general aches and pains from the basic aging process.

Let me tell you my story.

Everything was fine throughout my 20s and through my 30s until my father died when I was 37. I believe this shock triggered the beginning of my thyroid glands underproducing thyroid to balance my hormones. However, I didn't find this all out until I was 58 or 59 years old and started taking Armour thyroid medicine after finally being correctly diagnosed with this problem after 20 years or more of suffering with it.

My symptoms got progressively worse from age 37. It had the worse effects on my life and survival during my 40s. It was one of the causes(along with my father's passing) of my divorce, custody battle over my then 5 year old daughter and finally my near death from a heart virus.

After my divorce I married again and had another daughter since I wasn't able to get custody of my other daughter even though I was able to get joint custody but not physical custody. This basically meant I got to see my daughter 5 to 10 weeks a year total. So I had to drive 400 to 600 miles each way to see my daughter each month for one weekend and then take her on a vacation with my new wife and daughter every summer and I got to have her with me every other Christmas. Though it was nice to see my daughter I didn't get to raise her and was only a weekend Dad so to speak. This helped cause my heart virus that I almost died from. At this point my new wife insisted I retire in 1998 when I was 50. I have now been basically retired since then. Luckily, we could afford to have me retire then.

The point of all this is that if you are experiencing, extreme mood swings, unable to get warm easily and get chills often or are experiencing abnormal heart rythms or palpitations of the heart these are all symptoms of low thyroid output and you should get your thyroid checked. Ask your doctor for the two or more thyroid tests to see if you need thyroid medicine.

In my case before I was diagnosed I expected to die between age 60 and age 70. However, now taking Armour thyroid I may live to 80, 90 or even 100 possibly. So, untreated thyroid problems are only an early sentence of death so get checked!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Since I began taking bovine thyroid , my energy level has returned to normal and i have been able yo lose a few pounds..