Friday, November 7, 2008

An Educational Blueprint for America's Future

My 34 year old son found out he has 150 IQ in the past couple of years. He and my 12 year old daughter both are dyslexic. My mother told me not until she was 82 that she and her mother were dyslexic. In her day I guess admitting this was dangerous so she didn't even tell me.

Chartwell School located on top of a hlll in the old Fort Ord area on the coast of Monterey County has won Green awards from the State of California and a National Award as "The greenest school in California and the U.S." In addition it is the best school(up to 8th grade) I know anywhere to teach all children from "A" students to different learners. But it is not cheap. It costs at least $25,000 a year to have your child go there and this is NOT a boarding school.

It is important to note that 40% of all children on earth are different learners and will not do well in public schools anywhere because of this. Since all public schools are designed for "C" students, the "A" students and the different learners will never be properly served by public schools. This is a given and wise and well educated parents know this or should learn this well if they care about their children at all.

I was visiting the Science Fair at Chartwell School the spring before last at this school where all students above I believe 4th grade participated in the fair. Between 15 and 25 members of the Chinese Ministry of Education came while I was there. Later I was told they want to duplicate the green school and superior education system of it and make hundreds of duplicate platforms in China from the ground up to the learning system.

I think the U.S. Government and all other countries capable of this should do this too!

No comments: