Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Money causes most divorces

My ex-wife said to me just before we divorced. "Sometimes, love just isn't enough." At the time we had been married 15 years. I was raising my son from my first marriage and she was raising her two kids from her first marriage and at the time we had our own new 5 year old daughter who is right now college age.

During our breakup since I tend to want to know the causes for everything I did a lot of research on divorce and what it does to people and their children and what is the primary cause of divorce.

I found out that the answer is simple. The single largest reason for all divorces is money. There is either and inequity of money in the marriage (too much wealth in one spouses control) or too little money in the marriage to support the family. This is the primary reason marriages break up. You might have thought it would be infidelity. Nope. That's not it.

No comments: