Saturday, November 29, 2008

Tree Man

Since I have spent many happy times over the years walking alone in the forests of California, Oregon and Washington as well as many happy remote but beautiful places in the western United States and Hawaii and the Himalayas in India and Nepal. However, in Hawaii and India and Nepal I must admit I was not alone but with my family. That was nice too.

Since I have always been intuitive I have learned to communicate with trees like my father and grandfather before me who were also mountain men and woodsmen. However, since my father raised me a lacto ovo vegetarian I found I could telepathically communicate better with both people and animals and plants than people who were meat eaters. Though people who are meat eaters are telepathic too then tend to use it differently than vegetarians, just like animals who are meat eaters use their telepathy to stun animals they want to eat and vegetarian animals use their telepathy to try to go into another predator's brain and say sort of "You can't see me I'm not here" which works a lot of the time.

However, trees can best be understood by understanding that they breathe the carbon dioxide that we breathe out and we breathe the oxygen that they breathe out. The basic tree human relationship is totally symbiotic. We both need each other. And beyond that when men and women hid in trees from predators it was symbiotic then and now still where people still have to do that to not get eaten in the world.

Though I wasn't in danger of being eaten I was in danger of being killed by a White Rhino in Nepal on the terai. I was very grateful that I was able to wriggle higher in the tree before the Rhino split me up the middle and then stomped me to death which is what white rhinos do in a turf battle with human tourists in Nepal in Chitwan National Park.

Anyway back to the trees. I was walking on one of the many trails in the forest next to where I live on the ocean in California. There was one poor tree that was probably under 10 to 20 years old that was a pine. He obviously had pitch canker because he was bending over into the trail where I can see the ocean easily from a bluff like promontory point. The tree said to me, "Can you lift me up straight?" So I said, "I'll see what I can do." However, when I lifted up the tree as straight as I could I had to say to the tree. "I'm sorry your pitch canker is too bad. If I lift you up straight you will just break." The tree thanked me for trying to help and said to me, "Could you help me be born as a human?" Since no tree had ever asked me a question like this I was completely amazed. I said, "Maybe I can help you. I can ask God and his dieties and angels on your behalf." When I did this the tree began to tell of when he was a man and knew me in another lifetime. I said, "Why did you become a tree if you were a man?" The tree said, "Because my life was so hard I thought being a tree for a while would be a rest. But then I have now been trees for 500 years about 4 or five or more trees since I knew you." I was amazed to know that the tree and I had shared so much so long ago. The tree went on, "You chose to become enlightened and I chose to become a tree. We both loved trees but you said to me at the time,"My friend, I remember being a great Red Tree in a land far away from Asia. I was a tree thousands of years but as wonderful and noble a thing it was to be a gigantic red tree for thousands of years it is much better thing to be a human because at least as a human one can become enlightened and better help all beings in the universe to the permanent end of their suffering. I did not listen to you in my stubbornness and became a tree anyway. I was told by the Tree Deva's who are sort of like Angels for trees that I should return to being a man as I was not a natural tree but a contrived one by spirit nature. But I did not listen and became a tree one last time because I retain my intuitive abilities since I knew you over 500 years ago. I also knew I would meet you and that although the next tree I would be would be rough at least I would meet again my friend who would help me to become a man again."

As all this took place I was very amazed. I did not remember until this moment being a huge redwood tree in north America who died around the time of Christ but who lived before thousands of years. But I did know that being a man was the only true way to enlightenment at least for a spirit like I am. So I went from being a redwood tree to a Roman Centurian who met Christ in Galilee. This set my present path. One this path I met this fellow who became a tree. I tried to get him to keep being a man but he chose his path in becoming several trees in a row. But now he wanted to become a man again and I was glad to help. However, something else was going on that I found amazing, all the trees in the forest listened carefully to all this conversation and I felt their amazing awareness like never before that moment. They didn't know I had been an old and wise redwood tree either I don't believe. However, they had called me "Tree Man" for years. I had thought it was only because I loved them and could easily talk to them. But I see now it was more than that. Life is so amazing. Live and learn. The lessons we learn that are so very amazing never ends!

No comments: