Monday, November 24, 2008

Healing the Past, Present and Future

I was just meditating on all the beings who have loved me, or still love me in all sorts of ways. I came upon in my meditation a prayer for all these many beings. It is "May God Bless all the beings who have loved me, do love me, or will love me in the future".

I find this prayer very healing and spreading compassion for all the beings. If you wish to give it too just repeat it with full feeling in your heart and mind as many times as you find appropriate to bless all beings who love you now or will love you in the future. Because I'm using the word beings it is not limited to humans, or animals but all beings everywhere everywhen. In this sense it is healing for all the beings you have ever had contact with or will have contact with anywhere anywhen.

I wake up many times in the night giving the Buddhist prayer in my sleep, "May all beings attain Bliss and the Cause of Bliss. May all beings be free from Suffering and the Cause of Suffering. May all beings never be without the Supreme Bliss that is free from all near and far all grasping and aversion."

And since a lot of the time I can experience the whole universe as myself it gives me great peace to experience this prayer. The new prayer just lifts my spirit and the spirit of all life in the universe further. Peace be unto you!

No comments: