Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Burning Bush

Whenever I have watched "The Ten Commandments" with Charleton Heston before it was on TV since the 1950s. However, today I got to watch it for the first time in HD on my 52 inch Flat screen TV. What an amazing experience after all these years! (It was playing on ABC   tonight).

I have always related to the story of Moses because many aspects of his life remind me of my own. I know this may sound presumptuous but his story has always helped me choose to stay alive throughout the twists and turns of my life and always choose to stay alive no matter how difficult that choice might have been. Very few stories that are true show a man or woman that has to fall so far and yet who still returns to life again. Though the story of Moses is dated in style it still has deep meaning in substance. It also reminded my wife and I of all the good times we spent with our parents while they were still alive and especially during the 1950s and 1960s when we grew up. It is very hard to go on with all four of our parents gone now. But we must for all our children and relatives and friends. Life is amazing! Happy Easter!

No comments: