Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Fourth Kind

I was watching a snippet of "The Fourth Kind" which is a movie about extraterrestrial experiences here on earth. It reminded me of how I felt a lot of the time in the 1980s when "Communion" the book and the movie came out.

Since I have had these kinds of experiences all my life and also likely down into my very early childhood, it reminded me of the movie "Inception". When I first saw this movie I felt disturbed by the multi-level experiences of dreams within dreams within dreams without any obvious spiritual meaning or relevance to anything. I realized that UFO experiences sometimes have these same kinds of "Life without meaning" to them as well.

So, in order to withstand UFO types of experiences like millions on earth do all the time for thousands of years and likely since there have been humans or humanoids on earth, it appears to be necessary to have a belief system like a religion or a philosophy to hang onto when going through these kinds of multi-level experiences so one has one version of reality that covers all the types of experiences that one could possibly have without permanently losing it. For some people it is as simple as "Nothing's going to change my world". For others "God is Love and is ever with me". For others it will be other things. However, to endure these kinds of experiences like millions of people have already and maybe you are one of these whether it reaches your conscious mind or not maybe the best saying would be, "There are no atheists in foxholes". In other words when you think you are about to die you will invent God to keep your mind and emotions from permanently exploding even if your body survives. In this way one can survive just about anything, even death.

No comments: