Thursday, October 13, 2016

The problem of Browsers that Hijack your system



I was buying a ticket for a friend visiting the state on AMTRAK and while I was online it said something like "Try our browser" or something. So, in fun I added this to try for a few days. However, then when I tried to get rid of it because it wasn't useful to me I eventually found through a friend that even though this came from Amtrak which is connected to the government it is a "Hijacking Browser" which means it is sort of like Malware in how it actually functions. 

So, at first I went into the system and changed my default browser from this to Google in Firefox. But then I noticed it ONLY went into Google in the first window I opened and all the other windows were the Amtrak Browser. This I found pretty frustrating. Then I found when I went online to figure out what to do I found out that this is called a Hijacking Browser and it is compared in some ways to malware. 

If you or anyone you know has done this and has noticed that your computer doesn't work right anymore, please click the above word button "Link" at the top of this page to fix your system. 

I finally decided to be lazy and stop using Firefox because it won't attach itself to any other browser like Internet Explorer or Google Chrome or whatever unless I give it permission. 

But, anyway, here is another thing to worry about on the internet, HIjacking browsers masquerading as malware. You think you are downloading something good but then later you realize you just screwed your system. Then you try to find how to fix this and then someone else wants to sell you something to screw your computer up even more. 

I'm nostalgic now for the 1980s and early 1990s when one person could take care of their own computer (if they understood how computers work).

Now, we are all more and more vulnerable to whoever is trying to screw us all some new way from anywhere around the world. I just can't believe Amtrak which is part of the government was going to screw me in this way with a hijacking browser.

No comments: