Monday, February 5, 2018

most Fox news Watchers don't understand technology or what it can actually do

The median age of a primetime Fox News viewer is 68, according to Nielsen. That means half of the channel's viewers are older than 68. CNN's median primetime viewer, meanwhile, is 59. Fox News still has more total viewers in the 25-to-54 demographic that advertisers covet, but CNN and others are gaining.Jul 21, 2016

Fox News's biggest problem isn't the Ailes ouster, it's that its average ...

https://qz.com/.../fox-newss-biggest-problem-isnt-the-ailes-ouster-its-that-its-average-vie...
 
 
When you observe that Fox News Watchers (50% of them) are over 68 years of age you begin to understand
why they don't understand technology. 
 
For example, I'm almost 70, I never watch Fox News ever because I DO understand what technology can
actually do, and one of the reasons I don't watch Fox News is I'm a critical thinker and am therefore 
capable of Fact checking unlike most Fox News Watchers who still live in the 1950s, in their ideas and morals.
the problem becomes of course that if someone ONLY watches Fox News then they might not realize
they are being manipulated regarding facts of ANYTHING.
 
By not fully understanding what technology is or what it can do they doom the future of America and our
Democracy by not fact checking the constant rumors of Fox News.
 
It's like if I had a room full of people and I said to them (with no windows) "It's dark outside!"
 
What if they believed me and there were no windows for them to check to see if it was dark outside. Then 
when it actually was dark I let them go outside? And then they saw it was dark?
 
Then what if I said to them, "It never gets light outside" and then I only let them go outside when it was dark.
Would they believe me it ONly was dark outside and never light? 
 
If they are Fox News Watchers they might believe me.
 
and that is the problem of Fox news which is never (it seems) based upon facts but rather upon rumors only.
 
If you can be bamboozled into thinking it is still the 1950s technologically then you CANNOT understand how
dangerous technology is now.
 
And you cannot understand how Putin put Trump into office either.
 
So, since people over 65 tend to control the wealth of the country this becomes a gigantic problem doesn't it?

No comments: