Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Should I Give My Son A Used Lamborghini As His First Car?
- Elohar when she was 9 which would be around 7000 AD on the first timeline: (We are now on Timeline 2)
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- the actual location of the Crystal Palace is the Dalai Lama Village in Italy near Aoste
- GM president: Electric cars won't go mainstream until we fix these problems
- Oghuzes, Pechenegs, Bashkirs, and Khazars: Wikipedia
- When Angels are a normal everyday experience:
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Chris Christie thinks we are becoming a nation of couch potatoes
Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey thinks Americans are becoming a nation of couch Potatoes and a nation on the dole. I disagree with this idea. I think what has happened is that we have avoided becoming a nation with half the people starving and dying by allowing people to get food stamps who needed food. If you look at our history allowing people to have food whether they have jobs or not prevents a lot of criminal behavior. If when there aren't enough jobs to go around if you don't allow people to eat it is only going to be trouble. We are an armed to the teeth nation after all and it wouldn't take much to set certain groups of people off on some kind of armed tangent. One way to prevent this is to make sure people are being fed. I think it was said a lot during the French Revolution in the 1790s and ever since that any starving mob is only about 2 or 3 days from a riot. Also, another way to look at all this is to realize that 1 in 4 children in the U.S. are in poverty. It is a very sobering thought about the present and future of this country.