8.6 Earthquake Strikes indonesia
A preliminary analysis indicates one side of the fault lurched 70 feet
past the other — a major reason for the quake's size. By contrast,
during the 1906 magnitude-7.8 San Francisco earthquake along the San
Andreas — perhaps the best known strike-slip event — the ground shifted
15 feet. end quote from word button at top of page of enclosed quotes of news articles.
If the earth moved 70 feet below this quake sideways and the San Francisco quake only moved the earth 15 feet, then it makes a lot of sense that this earthquake was extreme and felt in both India and Thailand far away from Indonesia. It was the 11th strongest of all the earthquakes since 1900.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- NordicTrack and Weight lifting
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- Limitless pills (like the movie are for real) however, caution is advised (deleted article)
- The Fox News general who 'spooked' Trump out of attacking Iran
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- A former 'Mythbuster' built his own bulletproof Iron Man suit. It can fly, too.
- Iranian boats attempted to seize British tanker
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- Europe's 5G difference: Unlimited data without a big surcharge