8.6 Earthquake Strikes indonesia
A preliminary analysis indicates one side of the fault lurched 70 feet
past the other — a major reason for the quake's size. By contrast,
during the 1906 magnitude-7.8 San Francisco earthquake along the San
Andreas — perhaps the best known strike-slip event — the ground shifted
15 feet. end quote from word button at top of page of enclosed quotes of news articles.
If the earth moved 70 feet below this quake sideways and the San Francisco quake only moved the earth 15 feet, then it makes a lot of sense that this earthquake was extreme and felt in both India and Thailand far away from Indonesia. It was the 11th strongest of all the earthquakes since 1900.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Should I Give My Son A Used Lamborghini As His First Car?
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- Sanskrit: Om Mani Padme Hum
- Took a fall in Kahului the day I left
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk has warned for years that increasingly intelligent machines will dominate humans and turn us into their pets
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- Uncle Tommy Travels Time from dragonofcompassion.com
- Ways to survive Climate changes