Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Songs of the 1960s that I listened to

If you haven't heard any of these give yourself a treat and go to youtube to hear them for the first time. The first time for me was when they came out during the 1960s mostly. I was 12 in 1960 and 21 in 1969. And of course during that time as I grew up in Glendale, California I was a surfer and my first car was a 1956 Ford Station wagon that was blue and white which I called my surf wagon then in 1964 one month after I turned 16. We would put our 10 foot to 10 foot 5 inch surf boards in the station wagon with them partly hanging out the back as we drove to Malibu or Huntington Beach or wherever the surf was good. Gas was only 17 cents a gallon and we all had part time jobs at over a dollar an hour and sometimes up to 3 dollars an hour. Life was good!
Pretty Blue eyes- STeve Lawrence my favorite song when  I was 11 in 1959
duke of earl
where the boys are
just one look
The twist -Chubby Checker
watusi
The lion sleeps tonight
come a little bit closer
i will follow him
Come softly to me
it's my party
Stand by me
I get around
All I have to do is dream
little darlin
Breakin up is hard to do
Save the last dance for me
Hello stranger
Good Golly Miss Molly
Blue berry hill
rock and roll music
that'l be the day
apache
california dreamin
pretty woman
born to be wild
sunshine of your love
yesterday
whole lotta lovin
hey jude
purple haze
Across the Universe
Unchained Melody Righteous brothers
little deuce coup- beach boys
wouldn't it be nice-beach boys
I get around-- Beach boys
Good Vibrations-Beach boys
California Girls-Beach Boys
Drag City-Jan and Dean
Surfin' Hearse-Jan and Dean
Surf City- Jan and Dean
Linda- Jan and Dean
Little old lady from Pasadena- Jan and Dean
Ride the Wild Surf- Jan and dean from movie same name 1964
Popsicle- Jan and dean
Little GTO -Ronnie and the Daytonas
The sounds of Silence- Simon an
misirlu- Dick Dale
Apache- The Shadows
California Dreamin-
Pretty Woman
Somebody to Love-Jefferson Airplane
Tambourine man
Sunshine of your love-Cream
House of the Rising Sun-Animals
Whole lotta Love- Led Zeppilin
Heard it through the grapevine
I wanna hold your hand-Beatles
Like a rolling stone-Bob Dylan
Can't get no satisfaction
Respect
Purple haze

Though there were many more beyond this in both the 1960s and 1970s in the mid 1960s I was mostly interested in girls, surfing and traveling and racing cars and the great outdoors so those  were the most important to me in High School. So during high school any songs that went in these directions I and my friends were listening to.
  

No comments: