Putin is a throwback to Brezhnev and Khrushchev in that he seems to think in the old KGB way. in other words "Any means to our ends".
Arab Spring really scared Putin and Russia because Russia is all about Order. Also, Ukraine was slipping from their grasp.
So, Putin decided at the end of the Olympics Putin realized that he was going to be financially driven from power by the economic disaster that the Olympics had been for Russia as well as losing Ukraine (politically and economically) to the European Union's influence which is much more economically successful a model than Russia has ever been.
So, the end result is ISIS and a Russian invasion of Ukraine now.
So, we have things like ISIS being created as a reaction to 200,000 deaths in Syria of mostly Sunni Muslims who have been complete innocent victims for the most part of Assad, with Russia's and Iran's help.
So, It wasn't like ISIS formed in a vacuum. Many many factors created ISIS and the primary one cause was Russia and Iran's funding of Assad. Another person who created ISIS was Maliki and his extremist Shia government in Iraq.
Now, ISIS is a diversionary tactic by Russia to focus the attention of the world on to take away from their focus on Russian Troops fighting direction in Ukraine.
Meanwhile, Russian Soldiers come home to their parents in Russia in Body bags with no real explanation as to why and how they died. Because according to Russia, Russian soldiers aren't fighting in Ukraine only rebel soldiers are. But, if you believe that then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you too.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Since the U.S. EPA is no longer functional here are the states with their own EPAs that will have to protect those states now
- Sand Fire information from CALFIRE
- More U.S. soldiers in World War I died from the worldwide flu pandemic than from the war
- Reprint from 2010: To develop your gifts
- GPS Satellites were invented when magnetic North and South moved to fast for useful navigation
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- Gyalwang Drukpa is an honorary title first given in the 1100s
- European colonization of the Americas killed 10 percent of world population and caused global cooling