Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A Water Pic can help prevent heart problems

My Dental Assistant told me while she was cleaning my teeth that a water pic would help my heart health. So, I bought one from them because it seemed like a good idea. It appears that any food that gets caught in between your teeth whether you sense it there or not can cause not only tooth decay between your teeth but also affect your gum and heart health it appears. So, especially over age 40 or 50 it might be important to use a water pic to clean and strengthen your gums and might contribute to a much longer life span along with a good diet.

I use the one with the brush as then I can brush my teeth and clean them with fine water spray at the same time. My method is to fill my mouth with mouthwash while I do this. Also, if you haven't used one before it is useful to leave your mouth slightly open to drain the water out so the build up doesn't become too great. Or I guess you could also turn the water pic on until your mouth fills up with water then turn it off in your mouth as well while you drain the water out. However, I like to just drain out the water as it flows through my teeth. also, there is a button to turn off the water momentarily while you move this flowing pic from the sink to your mouth and then eventually back to the sink while you turn it off.

No comments: