Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Having your eyes dilated by an optometrist

I really don't like having this done. But, I wasn't that satisfied the last time I went to lenscrafters for my last pair of glasses even though I got two pairs of glasses for the price of one for two pairs of progressive glasses for driving. I got a pair of progressive sunglasses and a clear pair for night time driving and I also got a pair of reading glasses but my most recent pair of reading glasses didn't really turn out right about 3 years ago now.

So, since I haven't been there for about 3 years now I went to Costco which appears to have the best optomitrist in the county here. He seemed pretty good. But, then I had to wait while my eyes dilated from eye drops which is kind of disconcerting because it really throws your perceptions off.

For example, my wife had an appointment 1/2 hour after mine and then couldn't see the face of her smartphone. While I was trying to move stuff between my truck and her car she  sort of got panicky because she couldn't see well enough to see the face of her smart phone to call me to ask for the keys to my truck. By this time I was comfortable and had adjusted through the initial strangeness of having my eyes dilated and had gone out to get sunglasses so I wouldn't be blinded temporarily by just going outside of Costco. So, finally we found each other in the store and by the point she had calmed down a little. So, I watched her back up my truck (because she doesn't drive it normally) and I was going to
pick up my daughter's friend to give her a driving lesson. So, we all made it home safely in the end but I really don't like having my eyes dilated because it is a very altering experience in many ways while it is going on.

However, having it done was good because both our eyes and retinas were healthy so we were okay and we got several pairs of glasses each there ordered so this was good too.

No comments: