Wednesday, July 29, 2015

I don't personally use any cookies at my blog, however, blogger.com does

I went into my overview section and found this announcement from Blogger.com that hosts this blog. I don't add any cookies at all. I'm not interested in any of that. However, I cannot prevent Blogger.com (Blogspot) from adding cookies. So, I guess I'm notifying here my European Union readers that though I have no cookies at all Blogger does who hosts my site. This is the notice I received in my overview section:
The point here is I share what I can with the world. If there are cookies in any code that I don't know about I cannot be expected to read the HTML code for all things I share. So, this might be a way for the European Union to end Blogs like Mine that go worldwide. I'm not sure.
This is the notice I received at my overview section:
European Union laws require you to give European Union visitors information about cookies used on your blog. In many cases, these laws also require you to obtain consent.

As a courtesy, we have added a notice on your blog to explain Google's use of certain Blogger and Google cookies, including use of Google Analytics and AdSense cookies.

You are responsible for confirming this notice actually works for your blog, and that it displays. If you employ other cookies, for example by adding third party features, this notice may not work for you. Learn more about this notice and your responsibilities.
If this law has been created to end blogs like mine then eventually I might be gone or I might not share some of the things I'm not sure whether they have cookies or not. However, I'm not going to go in and look at HTML code for everything I'm sharing because I'm not getting paid for any of this. So, if this becomes a problem I just won't share what I presently share. 

No comments: