Monday, July 27, 2015

Frustration: And asking questions regarding diets

I have found myself since my operation sort of frustrated as to what I have to eat, what I can stand to eat, what I buy to eat etc.

So, there is what there is possible to eat, there is what you actually can stand to eat (for more than two weeks or so) and then there is what you actually do eat.

So, the good thing about the operation is "It's over" and I have basically recovered (mostly) the bad thing about it is I now know I have to completely change my diet ongoing (for the rest of my life) in order not to get diabetes.

So, I went on a no Carb no fruit juice diet. This is manageable but i found myself at a certain point wanting to stop eating any food at all. But, this will throw your blood sugar off at my age too (late 60s). So, this really isn't an option even though I fasted all the time until my early 40s and got away with it. In fact, generally speaking, I was much healthier fasting once or twice for 4 to 7 days at least per year in a row. Generally I would do an organic watermelon fast because this removes plaque from arteries and veins and your brain and if you did this for 30 days straight you never likely would ever have to have a heart bypass operation because all your arteries and veins would be clear of gunk.

So, I used to do this 4 days a year. But now, I can't afford the fructose in my diet because that is sugar too.

People are telling me all sorts of ways to eat. But, in the end I have to create a diet I can stand to live with or I won't be alive. So, I guess what I'm saying is likely one could live to 100 or 140 if they wanted to properly starve themselves in the correct way. But, maybe I'm not there yet. So, my diet is a work in progress until I find a diet or series of diets that are acceptable to me to actually LIVE with.

Things that make sense:

Vegetable proteins are less likely to give you strokes, heart attacks and diabetes. This is just generally true. Fruit juice is dangerous if you are close to getting  diabetes because fructose is sugar and if you drink fruit juice it is concentrated sugar in liquid form of fructose. But, I was thinking last night I could eat a fruit a day besides the Strawberries and Blueberries that are okay now. For example, I really miss orange juice. So, what I might do is to eat an orange one day, and maybe eat a mango the next day and eat an apple the next day. Because living things are more helpful to eat than dead things (especially in regard to fruits and vegetables). So, I might be able to get away with a fruit as long as I eat the pulp too to fill me up and help it flow through me better.

The other thing a friend of mine mentioned is that juicing vegetables might be useful because of all the living energy in vegetables (as long as they are organically grown). For example, a friend of mine grows 70% of the fruit and vegetables he eats every year.

So, in the end maybe Bill Clinton has something by being on a Vegan organic Diet because this diet likely will keep him alive longer than most other people with his dietary history long term.

In the end we all have to live with whatever diet we can stand and whatever diet that is we all have to be able to afford to buy in the first place. So, looking around the world if you can afford to buy what you need to be healthy and then if you can convince yourself to actually eat that you are very very lucky indeed. Because you then might be able to live to 100 or even 140 or beyond.

No comments: