Wednesday, April 26, 2023

I have been to many of the pyrotechnic displays at Disneyland over the years using this automatronic Dragon

The main problem I see with this kind of thing is liability to Disney if something like this goes wrong. Other countries often don't have the liability laws that we do here in the U.S. especially in places like California.

I can remember going to this where it is literally standing room only. The good news is you are separated by the water between you and Tom Sawyer's Island where the Pirate Schooner and the Paddle Wheeler and the Canoes and other rafts and ships might travel around Tom Sawyer's island. 

However, I suppose you could still have problems even at that distance away from the public standing on shore in likely Frontierland? at that point in the California Disneyland. I have been to Disneyland 30 or 40 times since I was about 5 or 6 years old (maybe 7 since I don't think this opened until 1955. But, at that time I lived in Tujunga and then Glendale where I went to school so it was only a couple of hours drive to Anaheim from where I lived. So, usually about once a year growing up we would take relatives or friends to Disneyland for a visit when they visited from other states then.

Then in 2010 my Son graduated from College and he wanted to go there for his Graduation which was one of the most fun times I remember going there in my life. I also liked going there in 1969 and Dancing with girlfriends and hanging out with my friends to live bands like Gladys Knight and the Pips (Heard it through the Grapevine) and songs like this. So, Disneyland was a part of my life here in California since 1955 I believe.

However, what they do in these shows is relatively unbelievable and they shoot water up into the sky and use it as a giant Movie Screen  to bounce the moving images off of. So, it is one of the most spectacular things you will ever see especially when the fire comes out of the dragon's mouth which is likely natural gas or propane shot out with force like a giant blow torch. However, I can see how eventually this could be a problem like they had recently when the whole dragon animatronics burned down (could have been caused by friends of Governor DeSantis in Florida).

No comments: