Monday, April 24, 2023

Where I live now on the ocean it is very safe

 However, it wasn't always this way. For example, I once lived in 1969 for a few months in Venice, California on the ocean there in an apartment right on the beach and boardwalk there. It was the opposite of safe there for many different reasons. The first reason was then it was sort of like Haight Ashbury in San Francisco in the late 1960s and early 1970s only in the Los Angeles area. People were selling drugs all over the boardwalk there and I remember watching a poor cat that someone had maybe given speed to "maybe as a joke". I wondered whether the cat would survive the night high like that. But, Venice then (and maybe now too) was the opposite of safe.

But, now where I live there is no smog ever because there is 6000 miles of ocean cleaning the air through fog and rain and cleansing the air to the point where likely is is some of the freshest air on earth coming directly off the Pacific Ocean here. It makes sense why so many people want to live in California especially along the coast because many areas are still so pristine even though very expensive to live in.

So, sometimes I feel as a retired person that I somewhat live in an "Ivory Tower" when I'm home on the coast and not traveling somewhere to visit friends or family or whatever. We finally took two vacations last year after being couped up at home through Covid which was quite an ordeal for those of us who survived all that worldwide.

But, where I live is incredibly safe but the opposite of what I experienced when I was a young person often in my late teens and early 20s even though I had people threaten my life more when I was 10 to 15 years old more than any time in my life. Today I'm completely safe and free to write whatever I think might help me and the world do better and survive better.

Thank you God for taking such good care of me.

By God's Grace

No comments: