Sunday, April 23, 2023

For new readers to better understand this site

A few years ago my daughter reprogrammed this site so it could better serve me and you. I thought of changing pictures and styles but found this one worked the best.

However, The links at the top of the page are programmed automatically every day and I have nothing to do with putting any article there other than writing it or quoting it at some point in time. When people come to this site the top number of hits or visits to that article makes it the top article in the upper left link at the top of the page. Then in order it goes right to left through all the links throughout the 10 top links at the top of the page.

Then if you look to the left of the page and on down you see other links. These have the highest numbers of visits (each article) since I started this site in 2007.

Then if you look to the right of the page you see years and months and you will see what I have written in whatever month it is presently. Right now it's still April of 2023 so that is what is displayed from top to bottom. However, if you click on whatever year or month you want to read about back to 2007 you can read things back to Fall of 2007 too.

I find that many people do research using my site simply because I report news happening and they are all recorded here since 2007. So, a person might find an article or information about any big news story that I reported here back to 2007 in the Fall. This might give you a different perspective than you might think in doing this.

When I go back and read things that I have written and compiled it is often quite interesting because when I started this site I was only 59 years old so what I remember now and what I remembered then are somewhat different because over time the past tends to fade in all our minds. So, often I can get more details about those times and before which is interesting to me to read.

When you have a blog like this one it is like meeting all the people who you have been back to when you first started blogging. In some ways you are journaling for yourself and for anyone who chooses to read your blog too.

You hope that you can make people's lives better or make them laugh or interest them in different things that also interested you (in this case) since 2007.

I hope this page helped you understand better not only how to navigate this site but also to understand your own blogging better if you are interested in doing this.

Have a Great Day! 

No comments: