Sunday, April 14, 2024

Flying to Maui

One of the more interesting things I find to do while flying is to blog. Today we fly to Maui. We wanted to go in October but it wasn't going to work for my wife and I so we extended our reservations until now because cancelling the types of reservations we had appeared to not be a useful option. So, today we are flying on a plane to Maui. We are presently at around 30,000 to 40,000 feet somewhere like that. I'm not really aware of what altitude we are at because that information doesn't seem to be available. We stayed in a hotel in San Jose to get an early start but the shuttle was filled with flight crew so we were forced to call a cab. My wife says we won't stay at that hotel again in the future because they didn't honor their statements to us by calling a cab when the shuttle was filled with flight crew. However, it was only about 20 dollars to the Airport (plus TiP). The driver was a gentleman from India. I told him I had been to Northern India where he lived growing up before coming to the U.S. and becoming a Cab driver here.

I told him I had been to Varanasi and the Taj Mahal and New Delhi and Dharamshala India in the 1980s. The ocean looks very blue from this altitude with little puffy clouds down nearer to the ocean. However, back in San Jose there were rain clouds everywhere. However we were lucky because we didn't get rained on at all on the way to the Airport to board our plane.

later after we landed in Hawaii:

Well we landed okay it was okay. The only problem (that wasn't really a problem) is that a  plane was where we needed to go to unload passengers on our plane. So, we had to wait on the tarmac about 15 minutes to 1/2 hour to wait until the other plane moved. 

Then trying to find our luggage was interesting because after everyone in our party had gone to the bathroom and changed into Bermuda shorts because it was about 80 degrees here and very humid because it was trying to rain. So, even though it didn't rain as we landed it did rain some on the way in our rental car to where we are staying.

So, the luggage incident involved my luggage and my wife's luggage. By the time we got to the Baggage area all the luggage had not only been unloaded but also move to another area. The problem was actually finding the other area. I couldn't find it at first and was getting worried that someone had swiped our luggage. Then as a last resort I started to see places that other unclaimed luggage has gone and when I looked in at one of the open doors to a storage room for one of the airlines I recognized my wife's luggage because it is so unique. Next to her luggage was my luggage luckily. I asked the nice lady about picking up our luggage. She asked me my wife's name and mine and since my wife documents such things on her luggage for exactly this kind of situation it all went fine and I took our two pieces of luggage and on to the rental car places on the tram. In the tram the people we were with their wheels on their luggage rolled towards a couple and they were worried but ours didn't roll towards then in a stop or start because we lucked out and out luggage wheels were locked in some way so our luggage didn't scare the people on the Tram to the rental car place.

You have to be ready for almost anything when you travel (even to Hawaii).

By God's Grace

So, alls well that ends well!

By God's Grace

No comments: