Sunday, May 26, 2024

I have found that learning to ask good questions is the secret of life and longevity

 Some people call it "Critical thinking" and my father taught me this when he began debating with me at age 8 because he was a valedictorian of his high School Class. At the time I was intimidated by my father for making me defend my positions in those moments especially because I liked Rock and Roll Music and he called rock n roll in the 1950s "Jungle Bunny Music" which sounds sort of like the 1950s if you get what I'm saying here.

However, forcing me to defend whatever points of view I had helped me to ferret out things that actually worked from things that didn't in my life starting at an early age.

So, this taught me to "FACE LIFE" even when it was difficult to face life. And even though I became more escapist in my teens I eventually had to realize that my father's pragmatism by my mid 20s was the ONLY way really to survive my life at all.

So, learning to ask the right questions is often the difference between life and death at each and every point in your life.

One of the things I noticed early on is that religions get really upset with you if you ask certain questions.

So, if you ask questions to religious people often this will make them reject you completely out of their group.

Once I learned this was universally true I began to have less and less use for churches in general because without asking the right questions one's life becomes ridiculous beyond belief.

So, I watched relatives and friends die a lot from not going to the doctor when they needed to.

I even had to watch my father and one of my best friends die 20 to 30 years before they should have by not going to doctors when they needed to.

However, then I also had to face the potential fact that both of them had had hard lives and just had had enough of life and were not able to face more life at that time in their lives so I lost my father at 69 and one of my best friends at age 62.

So, if you want to live to be 100 asking questions (the right questions at the right time) is part of the way you do this.

Otherwise often people are gone by their teens or 20s if they don't ask the right questions in their lives.

No comments: