Saturday, September 28, 2024

The best part of my life has been since I was 50 years old (the last 26 years)

 I realized just now that this will help many of you out there freaking out that you are getting older. I had a friend who had just got his master's degree from UCLA around 1976 and who bought property in Mt. Shasta then and didn't have the money to put windows in his house that winter other than sheets of plastic nailed onto the house. So, the snow would often blow through one of these windows in the winter and he wrote a song called: "I'm 24 and growing old" because his body hurt so very much because of sleeping next to a snow drift or more likely in the loft above a snow drift. But, it was just one winter when he couldn't afford windows for his house yet.

The point is even if you are 24 you can feel old with snow blowing into one of the windows of your house you are building as you come up with enough money to build it without borrowing any money. (without ANY Mortgage). So, you own your home and property free and clear at each and every point.

But, for me, my life in some ways began at age 50. From 37 to 46 sucked pretty bad though and then I almost died of a Heart virus and then I was forced to retire. And then the last 26 years have been the best years of my life. Happy Wife! Happy Life!

A lot of this had to do with meeting my present wife when I was 46 years old. And at this point my life started to get better. When my father had died when I was 37 it messed me up in a way I didn't think was possible with grief. And to make matters worse I sort of lost my mother too because she changed so much she reverted to who she had been before 1946 and had gotten together with my father then. So, she reverted to who she was from ages 18 to 27 years old who was a stranger to me in many ways. So, I basically lost both my father and my mother in the same year. And then I had to face my life in a way I never had to face myself before and this caused me to get a divorce in a 14 year marriage by 1994. However, by 1995 I had met my next wife and my life has been amazing now since 1998 when I almost died for 9 months and had to retire. It's amazing how much a death (a relatives or friend's or your own near death) can eventually change your life for the better. Losing my father (and also in some ways my mother) sort of killed my life for several years. Then when I almost died at 50 for 9 months I got my life back.

The angels came the day I thought I was going to die and surrounded me while I waited for my son to drive over to take me to the hospital the first time. The Angels joined hands around me and Said, "You are not going to die! Your life will get better now!" They kept repeating this until every cell in my body believed them. It's one of the many reasons why I'm still alive today 26 years later!

By God's Grace

No comments: