Thursday, September 26, 2024

Dragons

I'm up at likely almost 4 am this morning thinking about Dragons for some reason today. I started thinking about the vision of becoming a Golden Dragon summer of 1983 on a vision quest today. Then my wife wanted to watch Eragon which is about a blue dragon named Saphira and her rider, Eragon made into a movie from a book series around 2006. I think the young man started writing Eragon when he was about 15 years old so it is interesting how well he told the story of Eragon (the rider) and Saphira, his Blue Dragon. In Ancient Chinese and Tibetan Cultures, dragons are often good and often seen as leaders of countries on into the past when those dragons take on human forms to lead the people either as leaders of nations or leaders into battle against foes of other nations. So, what a dragon is in Asia is very different than what we see them depicted as in more European culture depictions. For example, even in Lord of the Rings, Smaug is seen as a bad and greedy old dragon and not a being doing good for anyone really but maybe himself as a dragon in hoarding Gold.

So, my experience in my vision quest was of a more Asian Dragon who was good and who brought enlightenment to the people. At first, when I had this vision after my first two days of no water and no food I was pretty terrified when I was breathing out fire on people and I thought they might die. 

However, instead they smiled when I as a dragon breathed fire out upon them and they became enlightened. So, in my vision from God through prayers and fasting God was showing me that my writing and speaking to people often would enlighten them. This vision was around the summer of 1983 but in 1999 I began my first blog because blogs didn't exist in 1983 yet or the Internet as we now know it. However, my vision of becoming a dragon that breathed out fire that enlightened people and made them smile actually has come true a lot through my blogs and people meeting me in person I notice too. So, I think God was showing me that I actually was a dragon in human form way back when during this praying 24 hours a day Vision quest of Visions from God.

By God's Grace

No comments: