Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Why do I feel the most at home in the wilderness?

I think I have always seen cities as insane asylums because of what they do to people. They often reduce your capacity to think for yourself because it is sort of like most people are either worker bees or they are worker ants who work to the death and get nothing useful for themselves in their own lives. In other words most people's lives are sort of wasted in cities. I wish it weren't that way but the way kids are brainwashed in public schools it makes people corporate controlled robots as adults. And it doesn't matter whether they are line floor people or executives they are all slaves of one kind or another to the corporations except for maybe the CEO of the company.

I was always taught to stay away from big cities and corporations as much as possible and to create my own business or businesses which I did along the way. But, it wasn't easy trying to get to 28 or 30 where I could be successful in starting or buying businesses along the way.

So, I have always found Wilderness to be real and cities always to be an insane lie always. So, whenever I'm in a city everywhere on earth I act like I'm visiting an insane asylum because that is what they all are from my point of view. 

However, I should also say that people who live too remote are often crazy too from the lack of contact with other humans. So, when you are really remote there are reasons why people live that remotely and one of them is that they are not entirely sane enough for being around other people much.

So, you have this dichotomy where the most insane people I have ever met are in the inner cities and  also those as remote as possible. Both places you really need to be on guard so you can live through each type of place on earth like this.

No comments: