Sunday, September 29, 2024

Generally speaking, I found that Tibetans and Sikhs tended to be the most educated people I met in India

However, remember that I hung out with Tibetans a lot but also met Sikhs along the way. They would drive trucks there or be bus drivers or own businesses of many kinds there too like they own gas stations often or 7-11s or drive Trucks here in the U.S. too. (Sikhs I mean that often wear turbans if they are men and often their guru might be on the back of their Truck Trailer to give them good fortune and good luck in their lives and businesses and help protect them.

What I personally found interesting in India is that Sikhs are universalist in their religions in otherwords they are Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Tibetan Buddhist and most other religions too. They even likely have a Temple at the Padmasambhava Holy place in Rewalsar, India I visited (also called Tsopema). 

I was in India and Nepal from December of 1985 until April of 1986 with my wife and 3 children then.

By God's Grace

 

No comments: