And the number of visits (at least this counter after going to 2,500,000 many many times and resetting to zero each time is) 20, 688,414 or 20 million six hundred eighty eight thousand four hundred fourteen visits.
I think these things always surprise me.
Here is how all this started in 1998 and 1999. I was waking up in the fall of 1998 and couldn't feel my hands and looked into the mirror and my lips were blue. Since I didn't want to ride in an ambulance I called my son to pick me up and take me to the hospital as I believed I might die that day. In 1998 I was 50 years old then.
So, a few months later at Stanford university hospital in the SF bAy area I was on a gurney waiting for an Angiogram and electrical heart stimulation to see if they could help me stay alive. At this point when people around me on gurneys were scared and didn't know whether their hearts would survive the day either I promised God that I survived all this that I would start a blog to sing God's praises of how God and Angels had saved my life again, again and again through the years.
So, in may of 1999 I was told I was going to live and that I had had a heart virus and my heart had recovered my heart specialist said," You are very lucky Fred because most people die of the type of heart virus you had but now you might live a normal lifespan. It is possible that you might live a long and happy life!" And he was right! because here I am at age 78 still alive and relatively happy. IN fact, my health is much better now in many ways than it was then at age 50.
So, in June of 1999 one month after Doctors told me I wasn't going to die I started a blog that I had to program myself at geocities.com and I have had at least one or more blogs ever since then.
Over time it has sort of changed to where writing about life and God and all things that interest me help me to understand myself and the world and God and Angels better. This definition makes it easier for me to live to survive another day and then another and another ongoing.
And it is my belief that as I share these things with people it gives them hope to live another day and then another and what I write helps give people enough hope to go on through all the things that happen in their lives.
So, in this sense I am a surrogate Grandfather to all who read what I write.
By God's Grace
No comments:
Post a Comment