Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Unexpected Consequences

In all our lives there are unexpected consequences when our intentions turn out completely different than we planned. In my life unexpected consequences happened many times in my life and I'm sure yours as well. I suppose one could hide themselves in the closet and never see the light of day but then one could never live their lives or see the whole world. Some might hide away but the men of my family were not like that and why should I break precedent of 3 or more generations?

So, I lived my life very boldly always and this sometimes looked to others like I was a 6 foot 5 inch bull in a china closet so to speak. But being bold was always my way and the way of many of you as well I believe. I was thinking about someone I knew when she was 18 and very recently a friend of mine told me that she had passed away. This shocked me because she was 18 when I was 21 and it just didn't seem right to me that someone younger than I that I knew passed away before me. But then life often has other plans.

Often life puts us through serious changes in our youth. I was no exception and often wonder that I survived  from 1969 to about 1973 when my life was changing in a way no one could have planned for. As my life began to go through changes I met this person and she was my friend and very good to me. I was good to her as well but the circumstances surrounding us both drew us apart and now she is gone. I met her once in a market in a town she lived in completely by accident about 20 years ago now and heard from her that her life hadn't been easy. She had married and it hadn't worked out and then she was taking care of her mother until her mother passed on. A few years later I heard he mother had passed on and now this year I heard she was gone too.

Though my life has had many blessings in other ways it has been very difficult at times too. I have always tried to help all beings that came into my life in any way that I could including my friend. And so I say, Goodbye old friend. It is my hope that you may now be able to rest in peace. I am grateful that you were my friend and hopefully still are.

No comments: