Saturday, April 16, 2011

Choosing to Believe

Choosing to Believe in a God or a Supreme Being, or the "Force" from Star Wars, or an inherent intelligence within all life in the universe. (I believe in all of these things) was a fairly easy transition for me because most people I knew already believed in God and I had already had two nearly fatal childhood diseases which made it even more necessary than for most people that there actually be a God or intelligence to the Universe. So, when I came up against the idea that "Is there a God?" or "Am I just another sucker hypnotized like all the rest of the ignorant?" I had to make a choice in order to have peace and order within myself. At first I realized that about 85% to 90% of my life experience told me that there was a God. So about 10% to 15% of me had my doubts. Then I looked at what life would be life for me without a God, after a few moments or days of this, it was just such a fearful unhappy place to live that I decided that believing in God was necessary for me to choose to stay alive at all.

So, that decided it. Whether or not there was a God I would self destruct without one and so I decided to go with my 85% to 90% that already knew that there was a God. I have never regretted doing this even for an instant. Because for me at least, the alternative would have been suicide and death. And I knew this immediately.

So, for me, it was always less about whether there actually was a God and more about "I personally needed there to be a God or life to be intelligent in the universe to consider living another day another moment. So, in this way for me the choice was easy and I have never looked back.

The hardest change for me actually was on another front. I had been raised as a creationist by my parents so when I went to Glendale College at age 18 (before going to a University of California later in life) I started one of my first classes called then "Social Science". Part of this class was teaching Darwin's theory. Since I have always been a very gifted psychic and intuitive from birth I automatically knew that most of the kids taking this class already believed in Darwin's theory of evolution. This upset me so much at the time that I dropped out of college and was messed up by this paradox for several months. It took me about 3 years to integrate Darwin's theory into my core beliefs because I realized that both Jesus and the Old Testament actually needed to be interfaced with Darwin's theory because at core whether I believed in God or not I was also a natural scientist in the way I tend to view life. Even my psychic abilities I usually view through scientific eyes. And people who are scientists that don't believe in at least the possibility of God or at least "The Force" I usually feel very sorry for. Because not believing in God (this is completely separate from any religion by the way) people tend to suffer greatly in life. For you can believe in God without believing in any religion. This is easy. However, since my parents were in charge of a church from my age 6 to 12 years of age until my mother's father died I tend to believe in Jesus, Saint Germain, Archangel Michael and all the Saints.

So, the point of this article is that  there is less suffering by believing in a God you can talk to every day and to be with all the time and to actually be surrounded by angels and Jesus and the Saints all the time. This is really wonderful because you are never alone unless you want to be.

No comments: