Monday, April 4, 2011

It's Okay to be Gifted

 To Survive childhood, young adulthood and adulthood and to want to continue to stay alive one must learn to accept who they are including accepting any gifts whether they are physical, mental, intuitive, emotional, or whatever you want to call them.

I found just being myself was not acceptable to my parents, my teachers, other students, the world growing up in the 1950s. So, I learned to be a good actor. I learned how to make everyone that I could comfortable and harmonious in most situations (I wasn't always completely successful). Then it was either time to beat a hasty retreat or stand up and argue or fight.

But in the end it was mostly about learning to accept myself and learning to be compassionate to others without putting myself in a vulnerable position in any way shape or form. After all, it was the 1950s and my goal was to be a man like my Dad was.

But in the end if you cannot accept yourself, your gifts, and learn to live with yourself, like yourself and to be your own best friend, you just might not survive psychologically, spiritually or physically. This is just the very harsh rules of life on earth. Very unforgiving in this sense.

So, make friends with yourself so others can see what a good person you are so you can survive and make this place here on earth what you want it to be. If we all do this then maybe this place can become sort of a heaven on earth.

No comments: