Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Driving a Prius

When I took my 4wd tundra into to get serviced they gave me a 2011 Prius to drive. I had ridden in many hybrids before including Lexus Hybrids and Prius' before but had never driven a hybrid before today. I found myself sort of gritting my teeth as an intuitive because of being more sensitive than most people to electrical coronas at this point in life. I felt like I was having about 6 to 12 volts going in one hand and out a foot or something in the corona I experienced and it changed depending upon what I was doing at the time as hybrids cycle from gas engine generating electricity sometimes to using electricity from the batteries other times to generating electricity from braking. And even though I had decided not to buy a hybrid as a way not to get leucemia or other cancers over the next 10  to 30 years I decided that beyond nor getting cancer I didn't like gritting my teeth from electrical coronas as well. I found it affected the way I felt in my body as the electrical coronas shifted from one different phaze to another as I was driving. However, I still feel that if a hybrid was designed with all powerful electrical coronas shielded (likely with lead shielding like one uses during x-rays at the dentist) that an electric hybrid would be the best idea. However, over the next 30 years thousands of people will likely have to get various forms of cancer from the electrical coronas and even die (even if they can't prove it) to get car manufacturers to properly lead shield the occupants of the vehicles.

It's sort of like every time you look at a stop sign or a stoplight you can know that a lot of people had to die before that stop sign or stoplight was ever put up. That's just the way things are here on earth.

However, I must say this one thing about a Prius. It is a really fun car to drive and to watch every time you brake the electrical charging light go on. If I didn't have to grit my teeth any time electricity is generated or used while driving or have to worry about cancer I would buy one today.

No comments: