Sunday, April 17, 2011

Yahoo open system status message


System Status Message
04/15/11
12:10 PM PST: Incorrect backlinks reported in Google Webmaster Tools
Some Yahoo! Merchant Solutions customers have seen large numbers of backlinks from unrelated Yahoo! stores reported in Google Webmaster Tools. Yahoo! has confirmed that the sites reported as backlinking do not include such links, and that the problem is related to the recent “Panda” algorithm update by Google.
We have alerted Google to the problem, and will provide more information as it becomes available.

04:22 PM PST
Google is continuing to review the incorrect backlink issue, but has confirmed that the problem is unrelated to its Panda changes, as previously stated by Yahoo!.
We'll update this page as soon as more details become available. end quote.

I have another website that I pay monthly for as opposed to the one you are reading now that is free to me.. When I tried today to create another web page called "Gopher People" to archive something I had written in story form I got into an infinite loop and although by being very quick I created the page I could not get the system to stop saying "Please wait while we check for updates...".

The "Please wait while we check for updates..." never ends and so the system is caught in an infinite loop. So readers can access my site but I cannot edit my site beyond adding a new page. If you are having the same problem with your yahoo site please blog about it so whatever the software problem is whether it is a Google problem caused by "Panda" algorithms or whatever it is the problem can be more quickly solved for all Yahoo Business web location owners of web sites there hosted by Yahoo. All the time I have taken to write this for you the other page I have open is still in an infinite loop of "Please wait while we check for updates...". If you have a yahoo business website you should check it to see if you are having the same problem that I am having. Though I don't charge for anything that I share and consider it a donation of my time and energy similar to a non-profit enterprise, you might have money tied up in your site and need to more quickly remedy the situation as a business.

On another subject:

I wrote:
The Gopher People

last month in March and was fairly pleased in how it turned out. I envisioned gophers right where I live from under the trees and golf courses nearby so as an intuitive I was able to get inside the minds of gophers and to anthropomorphize  them into something we all can relate to. So although we are human and they are not I wound up writing this as something like a gopher individual who became like an Angel to help his people. So it is written in a mystical context and could be applied to any philosophy or religion as a lesson to children about life. If you wish to read "The Gopher People" please click on the above colored internet word button above just below "I wrote:" above.


1 comment:

Dean said...

We're having the same problem with the infinite "Please wait while we check for updates..." loop.

It's going to take a call to Yahoo tech support to figure it out...