Saturday, May 12, 2018

expecting fairness is akin to contemplating suicide

Both are basically crazy and unrealistic.

How many animals commit suicide?

Unless they are caught in a trap and gnaw their leg off and even then I don't think you would consider that suicide.

So, I'm thinking believing in fairness has become a humanistic religion but it is a desperate one.

Because fairness has never existed on the planet that I know of.

As long as I have lived people either survive what happens to them or they don't.

So, I never look for fairness. I look for a way for me and my family to survive.

So, when other people don't survive because they expected fairness when there was none I feel sorry for them for not being more realistic.

So, for me, believing in fairness is sort of like contemplating suicide. Both are crazy and don't exist.

Sure, you can pretend fairness exists but when problems arise socially or economically fairness always is the first to go.

It's sort of like "Lifeboat Theory".

What happens when there aren't enough seats in the lifeboat?

What happens when there aren't enough seats (or food or water in any country).

To believe in fairness worldwide one would have to believe in infinite food and infinite water and infinite kindness from everyone forever.

The world's water is limited. The world's food is limited. Survival is limited. To not understand this is to become a part of the problem rather than a part of the solution.

What could create fairness?

I'm thinking rigorously enforced birth control worldwide where no one was allowed more than just replacing themselves and their spouse and that's all.

Then we could start thinking about fairness.

But, until then fairness simply is not possible for all people on earth without harming eventually everyone through overpopulation.

Fairness is not possible without worldwide enforced birth control of replacing oneself and that's all.










No comments: