Saturday, May 12, 2018

Made it to Shasta

I was a little worried about driving to Shasta after being sick the last week or so but luckily I made it by drinking a couple of those Starbucks vanilla cold coffees large size on the way north. So, I made it by about 5 pm today. The weather was really beautiful with the sky clear with a few wispy clouds and easterly winds at times about 20 to 30 miles per hour coming off the ocean and heading towards the Sierras in some places. The temperatures on Interstate 5 ranged from about 82 Fahrenheit to about 88 Fahrenheit all the way up to Redding where you head up into the mountains up to about 3500 feet or so on the freeway and then it dropped down to about 77 degrees as I headed up in altitude. I'm grateful I made it.  It's supposed to be 78 tomorrow here in Shasta and 77 the next day so great weather ahead. If you want to see the mountain turn pink and gold in a sunset tonight sunset is at 8:18 pm PDT.

later:
Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday it's supposed to be thunder and lightning and showers so that might be interesting too.

No comments: