Saturday, December 29, 2018

40 degrees in Santa Barbara tonight

Yes. Of course. It's winter but that's still pretty cold for Santa Barbara right on the Pacific Ocean which tends to warm at least about the first 10 miles inland to various degrees throughout the California Coast, especially places from Santa Barbara to San Diego and the Mexico border.

We took my 4 year old Grandson to Universal Studios Tour today. I hadn't been there for at least 10 years when I went with my wife and my youngest daughter and a friend of hers and her mother. My youngest was somewhere between 8 and 10 years old I think then. So, there were a lot of changes to the Universal Studios from before. However, the least amount of changes likely were to the tram tour of the sound stages and outdoor sets and stuff like that, except for the new Kong part of the tram ride and the Furious 7 ? part of the ride and maybe a few other things. Basically at 4 it sort of scared him. I think it now is about 129 for adults and 6 dollars less maybe for anyone under 48 inches tall. They don't go by ages they go by height. So, for us it was 510 dollars to go (which seemed kind of expensive to my son and I but of course we haven't been there in a long time either.

The most interesting new thing for me was the Harry Potter Wizarding world Section with a lot of new attractions there now. A lot of people were buying magic wands there and seeing actors dressed up like different actors on various Harry Potter movies.


Search Results

Web results

From magical spells to magical creatures, from dark villains to daring heroes, it’s all here at TheWizarding World of Harry Potter™, now open at Universal Studios Hollywood™. Explore the mysteries of Hogwarts™ castle, visit the shops of Hogsmeade™, and sample fare from ...

I'm not sure what the differences are between the Orlando one and the North Hollywood or studio city one in the Los Angeles area because I haven't been to the one in Florida. But, it was interesting that most roofs there had something that looked like snow on them in the west coast one.

No comments: