Saturday, September 10, 2022

Out of the Hospital for over a week now

 I went into the hospital not fully expecting to live anymore (although I hoped I would) on August 31st 2022. I was finally released after being woke up every hour or two after 3 days time. I needed to be released earlier than they let me go because my daughter and two friends from Europe were driving to Santa Barbara where my daughter lives that day. So, I was upset when the didn't release me when they promised and I missed saying goodbye to my daughter and her European Friends. So, I took off my hospital gown and put my clothes on. But, by then I felt more empowered and so I was willing to wait for them to check me out rather than just walking out of there. 

My grandfather in Idaho once turned over his D-9 Caterpillar  tractor with a drag line in Elk City Idaho by tying a drag line on one end to a stump he was trying to pull out of the ground and tying the other end to a boulder. Well he tightened the drag line from the D-9 Caterpillar bulldozer until it lifted the bulldozer off the ground and it spun on the drag line pinning my grandfather underneath for several days until someone found him and they took him to the Grangeville hospital in Idaho because he had collapsed a lung under the caterpillar bulldozer. But, my grandfather had someone smuggle in cigarettes and a pistol since he hated hospitals started re-inflating his lungs with cigarette smoke, probably either Camels or Marlborough cigarettes with no filters. He then loaded his pistol and walked out of the hospital because he didn't want to die in a hospital and then went to his several thousand acre mining claim in Idaho and nursed himself back to health. So, since he was an old Kansas cowboy and this likely was the 1950s or 1960s people knew not to mess with old cowboys if they didn't want to get shot like in the old days so they let him leave the hospital (What were they going to do?)    

My grandfather was eventually an electrician and Electrical Contractor and did contracting jobs in Kansas, California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Arizona and Texas and possibly more states than this and dragged his family along until he bought a home in Lake Forest Park in 1927 in the Seattle Washington Area of about 2 3/4 acres with apple trees and black cherry trees and raspberries and boysenberries that he and then later the family owned until at least the 1980s or 1990s before they sold it. However, my grandfather passed away in 1970 in Idaho when a wheel bearing in his panel truck froze and he went off a cliff into a river. Though the gold vacuum divers rescued him he refused to go to the hospital and died with his oldest son who went to rescue him from Seattle where his son and wife lived then in Idaho.

I guess the point of all this is my father and grandfather had zero faith in any hospital or doctor often for good reason. So, both saw hospitals as only a place to die and that's all.

My grandfather was born in 1890 so was around his early 20s around 1910 or so. So, my oldest uncle was born in 1912 and his name was Bob. My grandfather was born in Shawnee Kansas I found out today and played for the  My father was born in 1916.

I sort of got sidetracked because my daughter is here interviewing me regarding photos going back to 1900 so I can identify people I know like my grandfather and his father my Great Grandfather who is a Captain in the northern Army in the Civil War.

She is interviewing me because I almost died last week and wanted me to describe these pictures because I'm likely the only one left alive (outside of my cousins) who could identify all the people in the pictures in case I'm gone in the next few years. I can identify people back to the late 1800s because of family resemblances. 

I'm sort of confused right now about which baseball team my grandfather played for around 1910 when he was 20 years old. There were the Kansas City Royal Giants which was a black Baseball team from 1910 to 1912 and then there were the Kansas City Giants. Don't know much about either of them but maybe he played for the Kansas City Giants around then. What I do know is that my Uncle Bob was born in 1912 and so likely my Grandfather was an electrician or Electrical Contractor by then and started traveling more around the Western States like Arizona, California, Texas and Oregon doing Electrical Contracting and finally settled in Seattle Washington by buying 2 3/4 acres in Lake Forest Park in 1927 where my father finished High School in 1934 as Valedictorian of his Senior Class.

My father was born in Morenci, Arizona in 1916 while my grandfather was an electrical contractor on the Copper mining housing for the miners there. I also know that my father was bitten by a Coyote or Fox? at age 2 there and that his brother and their dog saved him from dying. The Doctor  Later said if the bite into his side was any deeper nearer his kidney or liver that my Father would have died. There is a picture of my father with long curly blonde hair sitting on the back of the dog that attacked the fox or coyote trying to make a meal out of my 2 year old father then. As an adult my father had black curly hair. I was also a blonde toehead too and my hair was auburn brown. However, my beard was always brown and red and blonde all combined until the blonde and red hair turned grey first. But, I was a blonde the first 3 years of my life too. When my uncle was 6 my father was 2 and my uncle got pretty bit up by the coyote or fox that he had been raising in a cage when he tried to save my father's life and succeeded along with the family dog. I'm not sure what happened to the coyote or fox but it likely didn't survive after that I'm thinking knowing my family unless it was smart and just ran away to survive another day.






No comments: