Friday, December 30, 2022

Hark the Herald Angels Sing

 My Scottish Grandmother was (born in 1888) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Around 1900 her family's home there burned down (this happened a lot back then) because electricity wasn't there yet so candles and gas lights and fire places and wood stoves likely were more dangerous than now because there was no electricity much yet on earth.

So, she had to move with her 10 or 11 brothers and sisters back to Clydebank, (Glascow) Scotland. She met her husband from Ayr, Scotland on the coast there before returning to the U.S. All her brothers and sisters went to Omaha, Nebraska where most worked at the main newspaper there likely by 1910 or so.

My mother was born in Omaha, Nebraska in 1919 before they moved to Seattle to Alki Point there where she grew up with her two sisters who were older than her. She said that it cost about one nickle (5 cents) to go to the movies which was a good escape for all of them in the 1920s. Her father took all three girls to the movies and my mother loved movies ever after that. She started going to movies with her older sisters and her father by 1924 when she was 5 years old. They would walk there from Alki point where they lived then.

When my grandmother was about 60 years old she had a stroke when she learned I was going to be born for some reason. I think it shocked her that her youngest daughter was married and having a baby because my mother had supported her mother financially since she was 18 years old. My mother married my father at age 27 and he told them he would also financially cover my grandmother who became my full time live in caregiver when my father and mother worked. My father was an electrician then and eventually became an Electrical Contractor like his older brother and father too. We always had enough money because my father was a very good provider.

When I was 2 I got whooping cough partly because my parents were anti-vaxers (no vaccinations) so I almost died during this time like many many children did then.

In 1950 or 1951 around Christmas (I would be 2 in 1950 or 3 in 1951) I came the closest to dying from whooping cough. 

My Grandmother sang Hark the Herald Angels Sing and this invoked the Archangels and other angels to heal me. I wanted to go with them because they were my friends and closer to me I knew than my mother and father and grandmother. I wanted to go with them but also when they came it gave me hope that I wouldn't be alone anymore. I was an only child and it was lonely growing up a baby in those times. So, the angels brought me themselves and stayed with me ever since (whether I fully understood this or not).

By age 15 I had invoked God to live in my body and from then on I accepted on all levels the help of God and the angels in all ways from then on. But, it still wasn't easy to choose to stay alive here on earth being as gifted as I always was.

However,  becoming fully enlightened was the only thing that made full sense to me from age 15 onward.

By God's Grace

No comments: