Friday, December 30, 2022

It's very difficult and confusing to hear others thoughts as a 2 year old

 I remember being very small still and 2 years old and looking at how big my Dad's best friend's shoes were and wondering "Will my shoes ever  be this large too?" Dad's friend was about 5 foot 10 inches tall and my Dad was 6 foot 2 1/2 inches tall and I grew to be almost 6 foot 5 inches tall but not as tall as my uncle who was 6 foot 6 inches tall. But, for my generation I am the tallest person born during the 1940s of all my cousins.

Hearing the thoughts of adults I found confusing. Why did they say one thing and think another? I found this the most confusing thing about hearing the thoughts of adults. My mother was like me in that she heard everyone's thoughts too so she saw that I was like her in this. So, her influence was good on me in that we both were very kind and helpful people always. I felt loved in a very deep and spiritual way by both my mother and my grandmother. My father loved me but kept his distance pretty much until I was about 10 years old which was traditional for men during these times. Things began to change in my generation of the 1960s when men became caregivers more for their children. It wasn't thought manly to be involved in your children's lives before the late 1960s and early 1970s. This is just the tradition of those times.

So, I found hearing other people's thoughts more confusing than anything else. I found most children then could be considered legally insane in the 1950s because of how confused they were and silly and not allowed to be "People" then.

I was okay because I had very very good parents who didn't smoke or drink or beat me (unless I did something really bad). But, this was not the "Norm" then. Children were often beaten then like Dogs as scapegoats for the failings of adults. So, many children "disappeared then" because of the harshness of life in the 1950s and before. Children just "disappeared" one day then and it was pretty common then. Now people care more for children than then.

But, because I could sense what people were thinking I could also avoid fights pretty much with people. The last big fight I was in was likely when I was 5 years old fighting over a toy.

After this experience I realized fighting for anything was really stupid so I gave it up. I ONLY defended myself and never started a fight with anyone ever again.

But, I was very good at defending myself because I was a head taller than anyone else in my school grade. So, as long as people were my age they didn't attack me unless they wanted to be hurt.

Also, I learned I could go inside someone's mind who was violent and prevent them from attacking me. This was one of the things I learned from listening to other people's minds.

But, I didn't listen mostly to other people's minds because mostly I found it very confusing simply because everyone sees reality differently. So, I learned to accept what people told me verbally even if they didn't believe that was true.

Even if I knew what the truth in their minds was I realized it wasn't polite to confront people with the truth unless they decided to share it with me.

It was out of respect that I only verbally responded to what people told me verbally.

However, when I started dating at age 15 I responded to what girls wanted from me and in this sense being telepathic was very helpful in understanding what intimate things girls wanted from me. But, always I believed in respecting women's rights to say "Yes" or "No" so relationships were mostly kind and helpful to everyone involved in every way possible and always respectful of each other.

My size was helpful in surviving the 1950s and 1960s (at least among people my own age).

The important thing about all this is that I always found a way to survive everything I have faced in my life. 

By God's Grace

No comments: