Thursday, December 29, 2022

Ausfahrt means exit from freeways and the Autobahn in Germany. So, if you are wondering what it means that's it.

AUSFAHRT is what a German exit is called when you exit a freeway or the Autobahn where cars drive up to 200 miles per hour. When I rented a motor home in Munich and drove the Autobahn my maximum safe speed was at most 70 or 75 in a motor home so when I passed slower trucks on the autobahn I had to make sure I wasn't hit by someone in a Porsche doing 150 to 200 miles per hour.  This was in 1999 and I was traveling in a 6 passenger Fiat diesel powered motorhome I rented in Munich and drove through Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Northern Italy as far as Aosta, in Northern Italy. If you drive up into the mountains above Aosta you can see the Matterhorn. It was good to have a stick shift driving in the alps because I had to drive through a snow storm with no guard rails there with thousands of feet drop offs in the Alps often then in 1999. So, I saved us by downshifting with semi trucks passing me  the other direction in a snow storm with no guardrails and a few inches to spare on the pavement with my mother and 10 year old daughter with us then after we dropped my 25 year old son and his friend around same age off in Northern Italy. I had to return the motor home back to Munich and fly to London before returning to San Francisco then. This would be the Fall of 1999 then.

Translations of Ausfahrt
noun

exit
Ausfahrt, Ausgang, Abfahrt, Austritt, Ausstieg, Abgang

drive
Antrieb, Laufwerk, Trieb, Getriebe, Drang, Ausfahrt

ride
Fahrt, Ritt, Tour, Ausritt, Ausfahrt, Reitweg
Show more

No comments: