Saturday, December 31, 2022

The Greatest potential for flooding likely will be from 10 to 2 pm today

 I moved all the chairs off the main deck in back of my house so chairs won't blow around and break windows or sliding glass doors. It's raining pretty hard now where I am on the Greater SF Coast but we haven't been hit yet with the strongest rains yet or winds. I woke up to see the tops of trees swaying in the winds. The winds are presently 18 mph sustained which isn't too bad yet. Mostly the trees are moving a lot and I haven't seen branches fly by or in the streets yet but it says it might get more interesting in the next 4 hours or so. We are lucky because we aren't in a flood plain and instead on somewhat of a hill. So, flooding isn't usually a problem where we are. I went down to the beach yesterday and was able to still find a way on the sand without being hit by waves like previous days. The other day I had to escape from the waves with my dog and go off the sand and up on the coastal trail instead. But, I've managed to walk our dog in the afternoon every day this week so far. However, today remains to be seen. I have a green rubber work jacket with a hood which completely sheds the rain so I can stay dry even in full rain and winds so I use this when I walk our dog in the rain on the beach. It's been warm enough for me at least yesterday to walk barefoot on the beach and throw off my crocs. Many sandpipers and smaller types of sandpipers seem to be having a field day lately likely eating sand crabs or something in the sand.

No comments: