Saturday, May 4, 2024

The Scientific Method as I was taught it

In life you analyze everything and categorize it into Hypotheses, Theories and Laws.

Most people on earth only live on Hypotheses which often prove incorrect and fatal to human beings eventually.

So, for the longevity of the human race to actually happen without the human race going extinct, some of us have to be scientific enough in our lives to categorize everything in Hypotheses, Theories and Laws so we don't go extinct believing only in hypotheses.

For example, in my own life I don't throw away any information. Why? 

Because no matter how crazy any bit of information is it might be useful in surviving some situations you might find yourself in. 

So, I have an almost infinite series of hypotheses as raw information of every kind from every nation that might be true.

And the funny thing is that the crazier the bit of information often it is the truest.

So, one of my theories is: "Almost Always Truth is much stranger than fiction."

What does this mean?

It means that what you think is true often isn't.

Here is one of my many incorrect assumptions as a teenager and young man in my early 20s:

I believed that everyone in my religion actually believed in my religion like I did.

And like many of you out there you might believe this true about your religion too.

However, this is absolutely NOT true about any religion. Why?

Because religions are more about making money than anything else. They are also about finding mates as well and raising children. But, in order to make money find mates and to have children you don't have to believe in anything at all.

Much to my dismay this is what I learned as an adult the HARD WAY and it completely broke my heart (until I realized all religions are like this).

So, what I realized from this experience is that people in any religion are more likely to lie to you than people who don't have a religion. Why?

Because often they are lying to themselves about everything in their lives. 

So, the primary problem of all religions I have found is people deluding themselves for money and to get married and to have a family.

This was a really scary thing to realize in my 20s because I had thought my whole life that something different was going on. Most people do NOT believe in their religions at all: "They just say they do" for the same reason that people as children when a parent asked them if they ate all their vegetables say "Yes" when the likelihood is that they gave them to the dog, threw them out the window or flushed them down the toilet when no one was looking and didn't ever tell anyone about it.

People are forced often to be in their religions. They are NOT given a choice. Then as adults they realize their religion has nothing at all to do with what they believe. However, their family is in this religion and they don't want to give up their families. So, they pretend to believe when they don't.

Learning this broke my heart but it also made me wiser than most church goers around the world too. It's a double edged sword that once you realize this you become a real adult and a Free Thinker (or at least this is one of many results that can happen to you and this is what happened to me).

Then the three conditions of all information becomes:

1. Hypotheses(what might be true

2. Theories(which almost certainly are true)

3. Laws(which are absolutely true)

However, information has to go through a Critical Screening process through a lot of screening to even make it from a Hypothesis to a Theory and a whole lot more screening and testing before it becomes a Law.

Everyone does this differently in their lives too and people who never do this at all usually don't live very long (unless someone else who does this is taking care of them).

By God's Grace

No comments: