Monday, September 23, 2024

Drove South from Mt. Shasta to SF Bay Coast yesterday

I knew it was going to be 99 in Redding yesterday but because we left earlier the temperature was only around 85 when we went through in the morning around 11 AM. The hottest it got actually was in Santa Nella on our way through to Casa de Fruta. By the time we got to Casa De Fruta it was in the mid 80s and on the coast it was foggy and has been a lot our housekeeper told us.

However, today the sun came out and it's a beautiful day on the coast. I sort of needed that as my wife hasn't been very well since last Wednesday. I think she got this chest cold from our Grandson in Portland before we left last Wednesday. He had been out of school with it Monday and Tuesday.

But, the time for me in Mt. Shasta was actually wonderful because I got to go to up to the old Ski Bowl Twice each time with a different friend. The 2nd time I went up I heard from my 35 year old daughter that she had given birth in Austria to a new grand daughter for us. We should see them this fall or winter when they return to the U.S. which was good for me at 76 because traveling to Europe with all the Jet lag is a lot unless I was going to be spending more than a month there and that isn't always practical to do this unless you move over there for 4 to 6 months and then I think the visa is only good in the EU for 3 months I believe too from the U.S. So, now we have 4 grandchildren which is really nice and beautiful too! 

By God's Grace

No comments: