Saturday, September 21, 2024

Yes. I agree travel helps you stay young:

 One of the reasons for this is adaptation. When your mind and body get stuck in ruts they don't progress in some ways. So, breaking out of your normal routines can completely change how you see yourself and all life around you. (Hopefully in a good way).

For example, I was very worried about my son's health. But, when I saw him I realized instantly he was going to fight to stay alive for his 10 year old son and that likely (like me) he will still be alive when he is 76 like me. He is presently 50.

However, if I hadn't gone to Portland and seen him in person (1 picture worth 1000 words) I wouldn't have known this for sure and would have needlessly worried when I didn't need to (at least not in that way). So, by traveling to Portland I not only helped my son stay alive but also lengthened my own life in the process.

So, travel often is healing in ways you don't expect not only for yourself but for others as well. Then we returned to Mt. Shasta and my wife got sick and then my daughter had her baby while I was at 8000 feet up on Mt. Shasta at the Old Ski Bowl.

So, the Mt. Shasta part of this trip has been amazing in many new ways to know my son likely is going to stay alive for his family and my 4th Grandchild has also been born (two were born in the last 3 months)!

So, traveling can save your life and other's lives too along the way.

By God's Grace

No comments: