Sunday, July 19, 2026

Being able to think (outside of the box) is one reason I'm still alive here at age 78

 IN the 1950s people were very one way corrigan in how they thought so from my point of view not very adaptable generally speaking. However, my father was valedictorian of his senior high school class and was great at thinking outside of the box. So, he taught me his methods for thinking outside of the box by making me debate him about anything I believed in life starting at age 8.

The first thing we debated about was Rock and Roll because he called Rock N Roll "Jungle Bunny Music" which was a derogatory term to him and used by many people who were born between 1910 and 1940 especially because white people tended to be racist not only about race but also about any different ethnicity too so not just racism but anti ethnicity too if it was different than yours.

So, by forcing me to defend wanting to listen to rock and roll I began to debate him about anything I wanted in my life. However, he didn't expect me to also debate him about religion as well.

So, when religions would not answer any useful questions I had I realized that religions at least were all bogus because they wouldn't attempt to answer any good questions I had.

However, this didn't affect my belief in God and Angels because I had already experienced God and Angels at a very young age.

The lack of answering my questions just tended to turn me against the money making religions of the world ripping everyone off of their hard earned cash through scaring people.

So, though I believed in God I didn't believe in Scaring people out of their money for churches and I still don't believe in that today.

However, people are going to do whatever they are going to do and sometimes this makes them die before their time too if they are not practical.

This is probably the best statement I have ever heard about God: 
 

"GOD HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES"

 For example, the quickest people to die in bad situations are people who just say; "God is going to save us." When they don't realize you have to look for the ways God is going to save you because you are not a baby but mostly you are adults. And if you don't look for the ways God wants to save you then you are only Dead and that's all.

 So, I saw a whole lot of people die in my church growing up because they wouldn't go to doctors. So, soon they were often dead because of this.

It's not to say that doctors were that good in the 1950s but often they were better than nothing at all.

And it broke my heart to watch so many people I knew die of all ages old and young because they wouldn't go to doctors in my parents church. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: