Sunday, July 26, 2026

I started buying Macbook Pro Laptops "15" inch screens around 2009

I had gotten tired of PCs because they crash all the time and you lose everything so I switched up to Macbook Pro laptops. Then in 2015 my oldest daughter helped me buy my next Macbook Pro in 2015. I recently gave this one to my son in Portland because the 2015 works fine still. Then around 2022 I wanted a new computer so I. bought a Macbook Air which is a lighter weight laptop I'm still using right now. 

My first desktop computer was a IBM clone AT computer in 1987. Before that I had a 1978 TRS-80 which was a black and white TV (CRT) with a cassette tape to record your programs you wrote all in the Basic Language.

However, in college I had already learned COBOL and Fortran and had also worked as a Computer operater while in college for the Glendale Board of Education on their IBM 1620 mainframe. and for a year or two I worked full time at around age 20 and bought my Camaro while working on IBM 360 mainframes and Univac Optical Scanners then to automate Car Dealerships throughout the state of California. But by 1971 I had returned to college in San Diego County very discouraged because I realized what I really wanted to do in the computer field likely wouldn't be possible until now here in the 2020s.

However, my life has been pretty amazing after all. I have gotten to be married, have children, help them through college, get married and have their own children and travel the world and still afford to live in California on the coast. It's been a pretty amazing life! 

By God's Grace 

 

No comments: