Monday, July 20, 2026

The U.S. labor market may soon face a new crisis: Too few workers

 The last time this happened was the 1950s and 1960s which allowed me to get part time jobs starting about age 12 building houses and working with a shovel digging footings for houses at 1 dollar an hour when I was 12. However, 1 dollar and hour in 1960 was the minimum wage around there. I remember the first day my hands were all blisters. I told my parents about this and the next day Sunday they gave me some leather gloves so this wasn't a problem anymore. I worked for my father part time summers and weekends and I also worked many other jobs from the time I was 10 years old when I had a newspaper route delivering the Glendale News Press there in Glendale, California then in 1958.

begin quote: 

 The U.S. labor market may soon face a new crisis: Too few workers

No comments: