Monday, July 20, 2026

For whatever the reason I find HTTPS is less of a problem than it was in 2016 here trying to blog at this site

  This next note was written today Monday July 20th 2026: The problem of HTTPS for me at least has disappeared. For others it might not have. HTTPS is supposed to be a higher security version of HTTP. However, my experience with it in 2016 and around there was that it eliminated any pictures in any article I quoted so it wasn't worth me being involved in HTTPS because it ruined articles that I quoted in this way. So, I'm not sure what actually happened to HTTPS which actually translates to "Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Security" because I don't see it much anywhere anymore usually for whatever the reason I'm not sure of. end note on Monday July 20th 2026.

Thursday, June 30, 2016

HTTPS?

 I have been getting notices about when I quote some things how it could interfere with security for some people going to some articles if they have HTTPS. I have no idea if this is true or not and have no way to know if this is true or not.

For me, I wrote about this before. What basically happens if I click "Fix" all the pictures in whatever article I'm quoting disappear. So, for me, this is a non-starter because many articles are not interesting enough to read without pictures. So, I just thought I should share this with my readers in case anyone knows for sure what is actually going on here. I'm not sure of anything regarding this issue because I don't write code in HTTPS. I have ONLY written Internet code in http.

This might be in regard to a new form of hacking I have never heard of before?

Also, one of the reasons I started blogging at this site is because it has automatic coders that sometimes work pretty good and othertimes are incompatible with what I'm quoting. If I'm just writing something the automatic coders seem to work just fine. It's when I quote something that I might get a little iffy. But, if it doesn't load right I either delete it or notify my readers better ways to use the site and article if I think of any.

So, once again I'm being polite to my readers by telling them all this. I do what I can but remember, I first learned to code in Fortran and Cobol in 1966 when I first started college. So, though I might be completely up to date as of 2005 regarding IBM clones I have never considered myself a complete expert on Imacs or Macbook pro laptops which I mostly compose html either automatically like now just about 100% of the time. I"m really grateful I don't have to put all the coding in myself because it can be quite tedious and takes about 10 to 100 times as long as automatic coding so I think automatic coding of html is great (when it works).

  1. begin quote from:

     

    HTTPS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTPS
    HTTPS is a protocol for secure communication over a computer network which is widely used on the...
  2. HTTPS Everywhere is a Firefox and Chrome extension that encrypts your communications with many major... 

No comments: